cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual extension for single Unity Subscriber?

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

As it says in the Subject, is this possible in Unity? Can a subscriber have 2 extensions (2 lines in Call Manager, 1 IP Phone) but have a common voice mailbox?<br><br>Otherwise, things really get split up. E.g. if we have 2 lines, "111" and "222", we'd have to dial into Unity as "111" to get "111" messages and as "222" to get "222" messages.<br><br>Thanks,<br>Loong<br><br>

4 Replies 4

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Yes with Unity 3.0 and later a subscriber can have up to 10 extensions.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Let me be a little more detailed here:

I have 2 lines, 1111 and 9999. 9999 was added after 1111 was created, so on Unity, there is a subsriber named "Loong" with the extension 1111. All calls that come to this line drop to my voice mail box.

If I add 9999 to my alternate extensions for subscriber "Loong", I can call Unity with 9999 and I will access 1111 voice mail box.

In call manager, for the 9999 line, I set Forward No Answer and Forward Busy to Unity. If I call 9999, and it is busy/there is no answer, should it go to my 1111 voice mail box?

If so, it doesn't. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Loong

Edited by loongo on 2/20/02 01:35 AM.

Not applicable

Yes, you are correct. It should forward to the subscriber's box that has the primary DTMF ID of 1111. If it's not, you are probably running into CSCdw06277.

This should be fixed in 3.0.4 and 3.1.2. What version of Unity are you running? The release notes of this defect mention that there is no workaround for this, but there really is. The easiest way to do work around it is to create a forwarding call routing rule that says when the forwarding ID is 9999, send the call to the greeting of 1111. There's also extension remapping. If you have a lot of dual extensions like this, extension remapping is probably the better way to go. If you only have a few of these dual extensions, then routing rules will do the trick.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Created a call routing rule and it worked.

I'm running a beta version of Unity 3.1 (We're located in Japan). It's build 3.1.068 so I don't supposed CSCdw06277 is fixed?

How many dual extensions is many?
And where can I set up extension remapping?
Will CSCdw06277 be fixed in 3.1(3)?

Thanks,
Loong