Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Dual Integration Issue

I have a dual integration Unity w/ CCM and Nortel M1. When a call forward no answers to Unity from a IP set, we hear the subscribers greeting…which is cool…When a call forward no answers to Unity from a M1 set we get subscriber sign in ( please enter user id)…not cool…anyone point me in the right direction…Thanks

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Dual Integration Issue

On the Nortel side of things, the PBXLink performs the task of monitoring calls to Unity. It deciphers display text from the Nortel to determine information about the call; such as caller ID, called ID and forwarding reason. Sounds like your calls are erroneously being flagged as direct calls rather than forwarded calls.

The first thing I would check is the configuration on the PBXLink,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a00801171e4.html#1061507

In particular, take a look at Table 11. These are the key words the PBXLink will look for to determine how a call was routed to Unity. These must match up with what you've got in the PBX (Table 4).

Hope this helps,

Eric

Well here is what I am able to come up with, when I look at the Integration Monitor and the status monitor the results are different,i.e.I call the DN to each port and the status monitor will display port 17 or port 18 and so on…on the other hand the Integration Monitor displays port 1 when 17 is called port 2 when port 18 is called and so on….IP sets work fine….In the Unity CCM ports are 1 thru 16 and M1 ports are 17 thru 32 …also MWI on and off work fine on M1 sets thru the PBXLink box…I am going to change the ports in the Unity so that M1 ports will be 1 to 16 and the CCM ports will be 17 to 32…Any thought welcome…Thanks in Advance!!!

Cisco Employee

Ah yes, it is critical that Unity be able to match up the incoming SMDI packets with incoming calls. There are a couple ways to remedy this. One is as you have suggested. Adjust the switch configuration on Unity such that the analog ports start at 1. The other would have been to adjust the PBXLink config so that it enumerates the SMDI port numbers starting at 17 (this is done in the Setup Random LTNs menu on the PBXLink).

The first method might be a bit more work up front but will be easier to maintain down the road. (e.g. if you ever add or remove CCM ports on Unity) I also recommend checking out these two DDTS records: CSCdx29695 and CSCec47608

Thanks Man!! It was not to bad…I just deleted the CCM integration and M1 integration ports automatically moved up to port 1-16…rebuilt the CCM integration and made the changes I CCM…all working fine now…Now I will have a good Weekend

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content