Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cisco Employee

Dual NIC support on Unity - single IP address, load sharing

Is configuring a Unity server with: 1) Dual NICs, 2) Single IP address, 3) Load sharing, supported?

I understand that having two IP addresses is not supported, but the white papers on CCO do not mention any reason not to configure the NICs on an Active-Active mode on the same network segment.

If there are implications, what are they?

Are the recommendations for both CM integration as well as legacy PBX integration?

3 REPLIES
Gold

Re: Dual NIC support on Unity - single IP address, load sharing

No it is not supported and so far our testing has shown that it is not necessary. Only active / passive with a single IP address is supported.

Thanks,

Keith

Cisco Employee

My customer is asking for a little more than "...it's not supported..." They are currently using A DUAL NIC configuration on 1 system with Call Manager integration and 8 legacy PBX integration systems (no apparent problems). The NICs are configured to load balance between them, as I mentioned before, using a single IP address.

They want to know what are the implications of keeping the current configuration, since they need to justify the need to reconfigure all their systems.

Thanks, Paco

Gold

I was once a customer of Unity. I fully understand your position.

The technical implications have not been studied by engineering because there hasn't been customer demand or business justification thus far to do so. Unfortunately, I really can't tell you what, if anything, would occur. I can tell you that it has been noted as high risk configuration which is why we have explicitly stated that it is not supported.

If your customer has a business need they should contact their account team to have them submit a request to have it qualified. Until then, they should avoid the configuration simply because it is explicitly not supported.

I hope this helps you to better understand our position.

Thanks,

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content