Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dual Phone system Integration guide

I have been trying to find this link, but all roads lead to No Mans Land. Does any body have a saved pdf, or the right link .

I am trying to put two clusters into the same Unity server (4.0). The link I am referring to is item no 2.

1. Dual phone integration guide for Unity4.0

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guide09186a0080211b2e.html#wp1204394

2. Link for adding a second callmanager to a cluster.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/prod_configuration_guides_list.html --> this one is a dead link.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Dual Phone system Integration guide

No need run the wizard, what version of CCM are you running, obviously if 4+ you have to create the hunt list, etc. Bust in a nutshell just create the pilot point, profile, one or two ports (configured as MWI ports on Unity). Then like I said earlier create a route pattern pointing to Cluster 1.

As far as the UTIM you have to select the CCM integration group and click on Cluster from the menu and pick New. This will allow to create another CCM cluster integration.

Chris

5 REPLIES

I don't have that Doc, but all you need to do is create second integration on Unity pointing to the second CCM, and assign only MWI port(s). The pilot point need to point to the ICT, and create new MWI ON and OFF DNs. The way I have it setup is I use #XXXX as my route pattern to point to ICT, then my VM pilot is #8000.

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the response.

To summarize.

a. Have Cluster 1 and Cluster 2.

b. Create ICT between the two clusters.

c. Cluster 1 is already integrated with Unity 4.0

d. Should I be running voice mail port wizard for the second integration on Cluster 2?

e. I should set up MWI as well as VM Pilot and route them over from Cluster 2 to Cluster 1.

f. In Unity 4.0, when you run UTIM, if the server is already integrated with one Cisco callmanager, it grays out the option for another Cisco Callmanager integration. How do we circumvent this ? The only other options are SIP and PIMG.

No need run the wizard, what version of CCM are you running, obviously if 4+ you have to create the hunt list, etc. Bust in a nutshell just create the pilot point, profile, one or two ports (configured as MWI ports on Unity). Then like I said earlier create a route pattern pointing to Cluster 1.

As far as the UTIM you have to select the CCM integration group and click on Cluster from the menu and pick New. This will allow to create another CCM cluster integration.

Chris

Chris,

Makes sense. One of my CCM is 3.13a which will be upgraded ultimately to 4.1 before the dual integration. The other CM cluster is also 4.1. Unity version is 4.0.

An alternative to using ICT, I can also split half the ports (if 32 VM or UM ports are available) and split 16/16 into each Callmanager server.

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

The problem with splitting 16/16 is that one of your port groups will end up handling almost all of the outbound call traffic. When Unity places an outbound call for a user, either TRaP or Message Notification, it has no knowledge of which CCM the user is associated with. Unity will simply grab the first (highest) Skinny dialout port and attempt the call. This means you'll still need the ICT so that Unity can place a call from CCM2 to a DN on CCM1.

You'll also want the ICT if Unity will be used to transfer calls between clusters.

-Eric

Views
Helpful
Replies