cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Switch Integration

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that currently is using a Mitel SX2000 and would like to integrate a CCM and Mitel using Unity 2.4.6. Are there any issues with this integration? I have only set up Unity within a CCM environment. Would I need any additional hardware to complete this type of setup??<br><br>Bob Bickerstaff<br>bbickerstaff@enventis.com<br>MCSE, CCNA

8 Replies 8

Not applicable

Just about any Unity dual-switch integration carries the same type of baggage. Probably the most important peice of the puzzle is the link between the PBX and the GW to CCM. That link will dictate what features can be supported with transfers and forwards from one switch to the other.

Might want to check out this link on choosing a gateway...

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/ga/prodlit/gatwy_wp.htm

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

My question is, I did a search on Mitel at this forum and there are a lot of indications of 2.4.6 and newer not being supported with certain types of integrations such as T1, etc. Is this still the case, do you have any recommendations?

Bob Bickerstaff
bbickerstaff@enventis.com
MCSE, CCNA

Analog is the only way to go for Mitel. That's the case for both the 200 and the 2000.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Do you know what is involved?

1.) Do I need a voice board. If so which one?
2.) Do I need to install additional software?

Do you have any instuctions on the installation process? If so could you email them to me.

Thanks for your help!

Bob Bickerstaff
MCSE, CCNA

You will need a voice board. There should be a dual-switch integration guide with Unity 2.4.6. The basic flow is to install the legacy stuff first and then do the CallManager portion. We don't have any Mitel specific stuff quite yet, but it will be available with Unity 3.0.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Ok I was mistaken the customer has a Mitel SX-200. Is the voice board I need a Dialogic D/160SC voice board. If so do I need to order this card directly from Dialogic or can I get it through normal Cisco ordering. Is there any hardware that needs to be added to the Mitel Switch to make this happen????

Thanks for your help.

Bob Bickerstaff
MCSE, CCNA

You'll need Dialogic analog cards in Unity. You'll need analog ONS cards in the Mitel. As far as which Dialogic card you need, it'll depend on port size and platform support. I recommend contacting who you normally contact for Cisco purchases.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Do I also need the VoiceBridge 2000 Feature set board along with the D/160SC Voice Board for this integration to work.

Thanks