cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual Switch with Unity and Nortel Option 61

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who will be implementing CCM and Unity in a dual switch integration with their Nortel Option 61.

As you know this will involve Dialogic Cards on the Unity server to integrate with the Nortel. Their is also a PBXLink 48 box that will integrate via serial RS232 to the Unity server and also from the PBXLink 48 box Two DIGITAL lines to the Nortel Option 61.

My question is. The customer needs to run the digital lines between the Nortel and the PBXLink 48 box and they reside in different physical rooms. Do you know the specific wiring or pin outs necessary for the digital lines. I need to provide this information to the customer. OH and I looked at the documentation and could not find anything specific to this.

Thanks for you help.

Bob

1 Reply 1

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as the PBX is concerned, the PBXLink's digital ports are Nortel 2616 digital sets. I think you'd only be dealing with two physical wires. The pinouts are probably the same for any digital phone, and the PBX admin would need to know what they are even if the PBXLink was in the same room as the PBX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: