Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Duplicate digits - gateway 2851

Hello everyone,

The problem is:

Users from 1 site are trying to make a conference call and they are having problem when typing the PIN code.

Call is being completed with no problems, but the digits for the PIN are not getting there the way they should.

For install:

I'd call 111-1111 and it would complete then it ask for a PIN number and I'd dial 1234 and a message will repeat:

12344 is not a valid PIN.

The same problem is not happening when connecting to a different conference call system using a different number:

222-2222 PIN 1234 works fine all the time.

111-1111 PIN 1234 sometime works but most of the time it fails, with the same messaging stating that the PIN number is not correct (duplicate digits are being received?).

Calling the same number but using an external number +1-866-xxx-xxxx doesnt show the same problem.

Gateway is a cisco 2851.

deb voice rtp session named-event

gives me 16 entries of each digit typed(and sometimes I saw more than 16 for a single digit).

Any clues?

Vlad

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Duplicate digits - gateway 2851

Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)-controlled backhaul of BRI signaling to Cisco CallManager allows centralized management of remote branch offices with BRI trunks.REfer URL

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080532298.shtml#steps2

Views
Helpful
Replies