Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Duplicate IP Addresses

Hello,

We have a typical CCM cluster (1 pub and 1 sub). All phones register with the sub.

I have our DHCP server installed on the Pub. Last week, we were getting reports of people saying that they had the following message on their phone:

"Duplicate IP Address"

And it wouldn't work properly.

I checked the DHCP server, and sure enough, there was an error (don't have it here), but basically, it seems to be giving out duplicate IPs.

Has anyone ever seen this? Any hints on how to solve?

DHCP is not an overly taxing app. It shouldn't really be consuming that many resources.

If we stop and restart the DHCP service, it goes away for a few days, and then comes back.

Thoughts?

TIA,

Dave

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Duplicate IP Addresses

I have experienced just such a problem. I am running duplicate DHCP servers that back each other up. I noticed that the lease duration times were not set the same. For example the primary DHCP server was set to allocate leases for 6 days and the secondary was set to allocate leases for 8 days.When the leases occurred the servers synced up however when the primary released the lease the secondary did not. Then the primary leased the same IP address to another person but the secondary server alerted to a duplicate IP address... Hope this helps..Please rate....

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content