Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started.

duplicate mailboxes after running configuration wizard

I have reconfigured unity 3.1.5 to point to an exchange 2000 server (was connected to 5.5)

Apparently the configuration setup program has created 45 new mailboxes and users. I assume it couldn't match the names during the migration and ended up creating new users and mailboxes.

Unity is connected to those new mailboxes those thats were the messages are being delivered but the users outlook still access the old mailbox. How do I reconnect unity to the original mailbox

thanks

-Boris

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: duplicate mailboxes after running configuration wizard

The send as/receive as rights are only used if you select to move messages over as well (this uses ExMerge in the background and requires those rights). It's checking for SA/RA for the account you're logged in as directly on the mailstores - I've seen many, many cases where folks were just certain they had SA/RA rights and their account had an explicit deny on SA/RA due to a group membership issue (i.e. such as being a member of domain admins) or the like.

If a mailbox is tagged as a subscriber then it wont show up as a valid destination mailbox to move attributes on - this is done to prevent clobbering valid subscribers that may be homed on other Unity servers in the network. so if those users are, indeed, not subscribers any longer you'll want to clean them.

3 REPLIES
Gold

You can use the Migrate Subscriber Data tool to get this done:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/App_MigrateSubscriberData.htm

You want to move the subscriber data from the new mailbox back to the old one. After that you can delete the new ones.

Thanks,

Keith

The tools tells me that the logon user doesn't have send as and receive as permission, but I'm sure it has those permissions. The tools open up properly after that.

Is it ok to use it?

Also some users don't show up in the destination list. Do I need to remove the unity attributes in raw properties for those mailboxes?

Thanks

Cisco Employee

The send as/receive as rights are only used if you select to move messages over as well (this uses ExMerge in the background and requires those rights). It's checking for SA/RA for the account you're logged in as directly on the mailstores - I've seen many, many cases where folks were just certain they had SA/RA rights and their account had an explicit deny on SA/RA due to a group membership issue (i.e. such as being a member of domain admins) or the like.

If a mailbox is tagged as a subscriber then it wont show up as a valid destination mailbox to move attributes on - this is done to prevent clobbering valid subscribers that may be homed on other Unity servers in the network. so if those users are, indeed, not subscribers any longer you'll want to clean them.

Views
Helpful
Replies