Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Duplicate Numbers and MWI

I have a large (300+ site) VoIP rollout with less than 10 phones at each site. To dial site to site we have a 4 digit site code that you append to the extension you are trying to reach. We would like to have each site use the same extension for the same function, example customer service desk would be extension 4201 at each site. This will make calling site to site easier for the end users. So to call store 1 customer service desk from store 2 you would dial 60014201. This is set up and working. The problem arise for voice mail. For each site we have a voice mail profile based on the site ID. Each site will have one voice mail box. So for store number 1, the mail box profile and extension in Unity is 6001. This works fine as well. I am having a problem getting MWI to work. How can I configure the Call manager and Unity to light the correct 4201 phone?

Thanks

Dave

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Duplicate Numbers and MWI

You need to enable the service parameter 'MultiTenantMWIMode' then use translation patterns to translate the xxxx4201 number to the 4201 in the right partition. You can test by putting a phone into the same CSS as the unity ports and then making sure it can dial a branch phone by dialing the xxxx4201 number.

I am assuming you have a centralized unity for all sites and overlapping extensions. Also, I am assuming that the unity subscribers (or at least the MWI notification numbers) are in the same xxxx4201 format.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content