Views
Helpful
Replies

DX to IPT problems via DPNSS to Q931 convertor

stu_syn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer of mine is reporting a strange one - they've a major IPT pilot happening and are connecting through to a Siemens DX PBX via a DPNSS to Q931 trunk.

When a user on an IP phone dials a PBX extention and is then transferred to voice mail, all the IP phone hears is a bit of silence, before the call is dropped.

I suspect a DX is sending out some DPNSS information down the trunk, which is being stripped off so the call is dropped - however I don't know what that info is or how to get around it.

Any ideas, or if you've seen this before, would be very very very appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Stuart Smith

(stu_cisco@hotmail.com)

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

What type of gateway are you using between the IPT and the pbx? Is it an IOS gateway or a 6608/dt-24+? That will really determine how you troubleshoot the problem.

Thank you,

-Mckee

I appreciate your reply McKee,

It's a 2621 with 1E1-30.

All the standard call-to-call stuff is working just fine.

You probably want to look at a debug isdn q931 from the 2621 and try and see what is happening with the isdn messaging. You can use this debug to try and see what messages the pbx maybe sending to drop the call.

Hope this helps you out,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: