Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

E&M paging, 2801 and CM 4.1(3)sr1

Hello all,

I have searched the past articles and not come up with an aswer for this one.

We have CM 4.1(3)sr1, Unity, IPCC, PA etc and all is well running through a 2801 equipped with:

VIC-4FXS/DID as 0/0/0 - 0/0/3 (fax & modem lines)

VWIC-1MFT-T1 as 0/1/0:1-16 (PRI)

VIC2-2FXO as backup PSTN failover (911)

We are trying to configure paging with an external amplifier using a VIC2-2E/M as 0/3/0.

A sh voice port summ at the 2801 shows 0/3/0 as e&m-imd when configured as in Cisco document ID 27627, however I'm at a loss as to how to configure callmanager route pattern to point to 0/3/0; when I attempt to configure the subunit 3 module of the 2801 gateway in Callmanager, there is no E&M module available.

At the 2801, "sh mgcp endpoint" shows the other module endpoints (POTS line, FXS lines for fax, and PRI lines) but not the 0/3/0 E&M endpoints.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: E&M paging, 2801 and CM 4.1(3)sr1

perhaps you should use an FXO for this connection.

this is how i have it setup in my offices.

as for e/m not showing up, check the show version to verify IOS shows the component as recognized. if it does not, check IOS version to see if it supports the component.

Re: E&M paging, 2801 and CM 4.1(3)sr1

Thanks for the reply

The "sh ver" definitely shows up the two E&M ports, it's just in CallManager 4.1(3) that I cannot add the VIC2-2E/M module as a subunit to the 2801 gateway.

I'd really like to make this work but will concentrate my efforts on the free FXO port I currently have as it's being recognized (and therefore registered) by CallMananger.

Views
Helpful
Replies