Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
You may experience some slow load times, errors, and slight inconsistencies. We ask for your patience as we finalize the launch. Thank you.

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

E&M port problems

I have a configuration where I have a Hoot n Holler Bridge that is tied into one E & M card which connects to a remote branch router which then sounds out the voice through another E & M card to a Valcom speaker. Both routing devices are VG200s.

Periodically the connections stops working and the only way to fix it is to physically disconnect both sides and then plug them back in.

When it is not working I get a status of EM_Park on the local E&M and the remote side as a status of EM_ONHOOK.

Both routers are running 12.2(8)T I upgraded the local router to (8)T5(it was T1). Still the same message. I can even reboot the VG200s and the same problems occurs.

One other note. The green indicator light on the card goes out when they stop working and comes back on when you unplug them and plug them back in. Any help would be great.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: E&M port problems

Normally this problem is caused by having a constant seizure on the port and the call not being able to connect. The gateway puts this port in EM_PARK state because the port state stays in off-hook. This problem is rather complex and you may want to open a case with TAC.

Thanx

Ketan

Views
Helpful
Replies