Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

E&M Problem

Hello,

I have this scenario driving me crazy. Central site has Cisco call manager, with one Voice gateway with an E1 connected to PSTN. Remote site has CIsco router with E&M ports connected to the PBX.

From inside if you dial 8 you are forwarded to the remote site and you get a tone from the remote PBX. Then you are able to dial anywhere in the remote side.

Now to allow outside from central office to dial the remote side I have configured an extension to forward all calls to the remote side to get a tone from there.

So for example, if I am at home and I dial my company special line for example 12345678 the call manager will respond and forward the call directly to pattern 8 which is the remote side. Once I reach the remote side I get a tone from their PBX and I will be able to call anywhere on the remote side through their PBX.

My problem is that if I dial 8 from inside the office (Central Site) I get a tone and i am able to dial everywhere. However, if I call from home I get a tone however my digits don't get through. All I get is the tone and what ever I enter it does not pass through. From office everything works....

Remark: as I meantioned the remote office has Cisco router with E&M ports and pots configured.

I hope somebody can help,

Remark: Just to mention I have another remote site with same configuration however using FXO ports instead of E&M and everyting is working from inside and outside. I am suspecting something to be done on the E&M but why from inside they work????

Regards,

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: E&M Problem

im thinking,

we are seeing the "signaling" going through but no digits actually passing. therefore, its before the PBX. so the PBX gets the signal to off-hook, but the audio path doesnt recognise the digits coming in.

i know im asking a lot here but my next step would be

post ccapi on the remote

show voice call stat

show related dial peer.

one more thing enable auto cut-through on port

finally, whats the version of ccm?

10 REPLIES
Bronze

well, my humble suggestion would be

1. attempt the dial from home again, log into the remote rtr and check to see if port is actually seized on rtr pbx end - verify tone

2. run debug voice cccapi on remote end. check to see if it is properly forwarded.

3. if it works from inside office but not from home, then the difference im seeing here is not the E&m per say but you calling into the organisation from the E1 pstn. therefore id start with checking the configuration on that end. if you say youre getting the dial-tone and then its just not recognising the digits then its seems as though signalling is an issue.

(a) is the gateway under mgcp or h323?. im assuming mgcp. try h323 if thats the case and see if anything changes.

Silver

Hello,

I appreciate your message. I already done step 1 and 2 and was able to see the port is seized and call forwarded. However, from outside I was able to see the port seized but the digits were not going through.

THe E1 at the head office is using MGCP. However, the other site is using H.323 with the call Manager.

If the problem is on the E1 side then why when I dial the second site which has FXO ports I have no problem and digits goes through?

Let me know if you have other suggestions,

Bronze

I see what youre saying. im assuming that youve also turned on the appropriate debug

debug vtsp dsp and debug vpm signal

just for my sake,post the debug info when those two are enabled.

finally, you probably got this opened right now but

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f5e.shtml#step5

Silver

THanks for the debugs. THey did help. As you can see on the debug the digits didn't reach the remote site router! I don't know why with FXO the digits were received.

Any ideas?

Silver

I did the same debug while dialing from inside and I had the same debug output. THis means the issue is after I am getting the tone right?

Regards,

Bronze

im thinking,

we are seeing the "signaling" going through but no digits actually passing. therefore, its before the PBX. so the PBX gets the signal to off-hook, but the audio path doesnt recognise the digits coming in.

i know im asking a lot here but my next step would be

post ccapi on the remote

show voice call stat

show related dial peer.

one more thing enable auto cut-through on port

finally, whats the version of ccm?

Silver

GREAT. IT WORKED!!!! :-) You did it. I enabled cut-through and it is working now....However, can you please explain what does the cut-through does?

Thanks,

Silver

Also, one more clarification why was it working from inside but not from outside?

THanks,

Bronze

Basically, the auto-cut through was designed especially for you type of PBX integrated scenario. it simply opens the channels immediately.

"To enable call completion when a PBX does not provide an M-lead response, use the auto-cut-through command in voice-port configuration mode. To disable the auto-cut-through operation, use the no form of this command" (Taken from cisco Doc)

take a look at this to understand the signaling

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093f61.shtml

you can rate the posts as well :)

thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.