cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 PRI serving 4 tenants

walid_fahmy
Level 1
Level 1

A building-owner is using IP Telephony and has provisioned an E1 PRI (NM-HDV) for out-going calls of tenants. Tenant 1 & 2 would need 8 lines,Tenant 3 &4 7 lines for a total of 30 lines.

My plan was to make 4 time slot groups and using H.323 route calls to the appropriate group, I would dinstinguish the called number by prefixing the number from the Call Manager with 1 for Tenant 1 and 2 for Tenant 2 etc.

Will that work, I know with MGCP I cannot hairpin the E1 PRI.

Please advise.

1 Reply 1

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Walid,

It shold work for outgoing, though I think you may have other problems that you have not considered.

How can you limit the incoming calls to each tennant? The carrier will not have the same channel segragation that you are trying to use, and so will allow the incoming calls of one tenant to swamp the channels of the others.

The service provider may not let you specify the channel outgoing and may do channel negotiation, which means they may force the router to make the call on a different channel (of a different tennant) and so not follow what you want to achieve. This is all dependant on the protocol.

Most managed services do not specify a number of channels, more that channels are available and then bill on useage which is far easier to do. That way channel segragation is not needed.

Paul