Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

E1/T1 Card

I have 3 X VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 installed into 3 different 2821 routers.

ios level = 12.4 (8)

on each of these routers a "show Diag" confirms the router has picked by the card.

if I do a "show controllers e1" or try and enter "controller e1 0/0/0 " to configure the card, the IOS does not recognise the command or pick up the card.

If I install a VWIC 2MFT-E1 this works fine.

is there a special command required to make the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 work ?

Thanks

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: E1/T1 Card

Pete,

Thats a very common problem that people find these days. The T1/E1 card can be configured as a T1 or E1 card. So you need to specify the card type.

Router(config)# card type e1 0 0

This will specify the card as a type E1. You should soon see two e1 controllers in the running config (show run). Do a write mem to save the configs.

If you want to change the card type from t1 to e1 you will need to reboot the router.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

2 REPLIES

Pete,

Thats a very common problem that people find these days. The T1/E1 card can be configured as a T1 or E1 card. So you need to specify the card type.

Router(config)# card type e1 0 0

This will specify the card as a type E1. You should soon see two e1 controllers in the running config (show run). Do a write mem to save the configs.

If you want to change the card type from t1 to e1 you will need to reboot the router.

HTH

Sankar

PS: please remember to rate posts!

That sorted it, could not find that command any where

thanks once again

Views
Helpful
Replies