Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

E2K upgrade & unity 3.12c

I am preparing to introduce our first Exchange 2000 server and am planning to upgrade from Unity 2.46 to 3.12c/3.13 at about the same time.<br>Are there any problems if we install a two way ADC from NT4,Ex5.5 to W2k Active Directory or any thing I need to watch out for?<br><br>schois

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: E2K upgrade & unity 3.12c

see my other post... yes, there's a very big problem. Do a one way connection agreement from the Unity Exchange 55 box to AD, not back.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Getting information on the proper steps to upgrade to E2K as it relates to Unity has been very frustrating. I have gotten so many different answers.

When I establish an ADC, one or two way, according to the interface I have the ability to not replicate the Unity folder. Which is what we have done in the lab. And were planning on doing in the production side. However, I am totally confused. On a case I opened with TAC, asked about this and got confirmation.
But, now I have this problem in the lab and don't know what to attribute the security key corruption to.
Can you clarify? Thanks

Our plan is to bring in Cisco folks for the Unity uprade but, want to have the Exchange/AD stuff ready to go by the time the Unity upgrade takes place.

Sabas Chois

schois

Anonymous
N/A

the security key messages were very likely bogus. Something else was wrong further up stream and that was just the message that popped out. Can't know for sure without poking around your system a bit.

As for the 2 way agreement: short story, we do not support a two way connection agreement in the ADC here. Whowever told you this was OK was wrong. You're free to do what you want, of course, it's your system... but if something goes wrong we can't help you with it. This has always been our policy and will continue to be so for 2.x system (3.x does not present a problem here).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Anonymous
N/A

Thanks for the info.
Do you see a problem with the following upgrade steps:
1-Establish one-way ADC (NT4, X5.5 to W2k, AD).
2-Introduce E2K servers, migrate some non-Unity mailboxes, for testing.
3-Upgrade Unity 2.46 to 3.13, (new server vs. in-place)
4-Destroy the one-way ADC.
5-Establish a two-way ADC.

Thanks again for you help!

schois

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content