cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EAdministrator account

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,<br><br>A customer asked me if he could delete the Eadministrator account on his system. I'm testing this on my demo system first to make sure (and it might be handy to have an extra account on the demo-system).<br>I'm pretty sure that all handlers have been given a different owner/message receipient, but I can't access the delete button yet.<br><br>1)Is there a special procedure to follow when I want to delete the EAdministrator account.<br><br>2) Does the Eadministrator account get a default password during installation? I want to view it's mailbox, but can't seem to access it.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Freek van den Heuvel<br>Triple P - Networking & Telecom Services<br>4131 PN Vianen - The Netherlands

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

The 2.4.6 documentation had a little section for this but it appears to have been trimmed out of the 3.0 documentation for whatever reason... anyway, here's the stuff you need to make sure you do before getting rid of the ExampleAdministrator account (note, you can use BulkEdit off AnswerMonkey to quickly and easily adjust the owner/recipient of all call handlers that reference Example Administrator to someone else if you've reated a bunch of handlers with the defualts).

=================

The Example Administrator account, which Unity creates during installation, serves as a default owner, message recipient, and member of several Unity entities. The account’s alias is EAdministrator, and its phone password is 12345. The default extension is 99999. The Example Adminis­trator has an Exchange account but it does not have a Windows NT/2000 account.

The Example Administrator account was designed to serve as the default recipient of Unity entities upon installation. You should delete this account, but only after you have assigned valid subscribers as the owners, message recipients, and members (as appropriate) for the following entities:

Unaddressed Messages distribution list. Assign a subscriber as owner and member.

Unaddressed Faxes distribution list. Assign a subscriber as owner and member.

System Event Messages distribution list. Assign a subscriber as owner and member.

Do not delete the Example Administrator unless you have assigned another subscriber to the Unaddressed Messages, Unaddressed Faxes, and System Event Messages distribution lists. Following Unity installation, the only member of these distribution lists is the Example Administrator.

All Subscribers distribution list. Assign a subscriber as owner.

Operator call handler. Assign a subscriber as owner.

Opening greeting call handler. Assign a subscriber as owner and message recipient.

Goodbye call handler. Assign a subscriber as owner and message recipient.

Directory handler. Assign a subscriber as owner.

Example interview handler. Assign a subscriber as owner and message recipient.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Hi there,

Recently I've updated my Unity (demonstration) system to version 3.1(2). I've changed the ownership of all the mentioned handlers and list, but the delete button is still not reachable.
When you delete the Eadministrator's exchange account, the Unity subscriber is still available.

Can you tell me how to completely delete this account from Unity?
For security reasons, my customer wants all unnecessary accounts deleted and it would give me an extra account on my demo system.

Thanks very much in advance,

Kind regards,

Freek van den Heuvel
Triple P - Networking & Telecom Services
4131 PN Vianen - The Netherlands

Not applicable

Short story is that the EAdministrator account is explicitly flagged as undeletable in the SQL database since it's referenced by so many objects and removing that account can break things.

Technically you should be able to remove it if you're careful (we used to document how to do this in 2.4.6 but the steps were so many and complex that we yanked it). I ran through a quick test on 3.1(2) this morning to see if the process is still the same. It's not. There are some SQL triggers that fire when this guy is removed that can break your subscriber templates and some of the default call handlers (opening greeting, say goodbye call handler) even if you've properly setup your new owners/recipients ahead of time.

I stongly reccomend you just leave it there for now. I'll check in with the database guys and see what I can find out.

Also, make sure you have a real user in the Unaddressed Messages DL. This DL is very important and if you've removed the EAdmins mail account you must get someone else in that DL to make sure you're getting bounced messages from unknown callers.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: