Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Easy migration from DCD to Active Directory?

Hi All,

I've got a CM running DCD and about 2000 users. They now want to migrate to AD - I understand the plugin doesn't move the users over to AD so is there any "tool" developed to add the users to AD afterwards?

Many thanks to you all in advance,

Stuart

4 REPLIES

Re: Easy migration from DCD to Active Directory?

Consider this a warning. I recommend that you talk them out of AD.

Thanks for your concerns, but not my choice. So... any other ideas?

I have also heard the possibility of putting the AD server behind a Cisco "Content Switch" for redundancy. Is this possible anyone?

I would echo the thoughts of the first poster, people really need to think about what they are gaining by linking to AD, and if it outweighs the drawbacks. It has been the biggest headache on our deployment since we switched.

That said, what kind of redundancy are you looking for? The MS side of the network should be providing redundancy for the AD, and as far as the connection from CCM you can (and will) run the plugin at will and during production hours.

Also, what accounts are you trying to move over to AD?

We are looking at doing the same move in a very short period of time. I've seen both the positives and a few negatives.

What has been your (or anyone else’s) biggest issues after moving to AD? We are looking at it from the single account perspective and how much easier that would make management. Is there something else we’re missing?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content