Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy Question - Masking inbound DIDs

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

This should be an easy question, but I can't find the answer on the CCO.

The last 3 digits of my DIDs are the internal DN, ie: extension 234 has the DID of 321-555-1234. I'm pretty sure I want to use a xxx mask, but WHERE (what page) on Call Manager is this applied?

I'm using CM 3.3.4 with a single IOS MGCP T-1 PRI.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The best way to do this, IMHO, especially with an MGCP gateway is to just go to the gateway page in CCMAdmin and set significant digits to 3. This tells CCM to only pay attention to the last 3 digits. You're done.

If the gw is also doing SRST, then you can work with the dialplan-pattern command to route calls correctly in case SRST kicks in, but in this case MGCP is gone and CCM is out of the picture.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

If I understand your question correctly, you should enter it on the Directory number page of the phone config. You should enter it as 3215551xxx.

pwalenta
Level 1
Level 1

You can do this in multiple places.

1. On the line appearance itself. There is an "external number mask" where you can put pretty much anything (AAA-OOO-DDDD for example).

2. You can set it on each outbound route pattern. (overrides everything.)

3. You can set it on each route list/route group destination (overrides everything).

4. You can set it on the gateway itself (overrides everything).

Randall White
Level 3
Level 3

I'll be more specific. This is for inbound dialing only. The Telco is sending me 10 digits. I have a group of 100 DIDs, ie 321-555-1200 to 1299. I need to strip off the 321-555-1 so that Call Manager can route the last 3 digits.

So you are saying that I should set this up on the DN Config page for each phone under "External Phone Number Mask" ? I always thought that was only for outbound dialing.

Thanks, Randy

No, the options I gave you are all outbound.

You can do a few different things inbound.

You can tell the gateway, on the gateway settings page "Number of Sginificant digits", and I believe there's a digit strip there as well.

You can also use a translation pattern to convert the long string into an internal number using a mask.

The best way to do this, IMHO, especially with an MGCP gateway is to just go to the gateway page in CCMAdmin and set significant digits to 3. This tells CCM to only pay attention to the last 3 digits. You're done.

If the gw is also doing SRST, then you can work with the dialplan-pattern command to route calls correctly in case SRST kicks in, but in this case MGCP is gone and CCM is out of the picture.

Aha!!! Thanks, that was the easy answer I was looking for.

Randy