cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Easy way to distribute new Phone Service

t.orn
Level 1
Level 1

What would be the best way to implement new phone service on over 500 phones without having to configure it manually for each phone ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pcresswell
Level 1
Level 1

Note: this is probably not a supported solution!

Note: This has only been tested on CM 3.1(3a), the Database structure may be different on other versions

The easiest way to do this is via a SQL query. E.g. manually add the service to one phone through CM admin web pages, then view the table "TelecasterSubscribedService" and find the one you have just added. For that record, make a note of the value for the "serviceURL" field (I will now refer to this value as varA), the "serviceName"(varB) and "fkTelecasterService"(varC).

You can then write a script which adds additional rows to this table for all devices returned from a query on "Devices" table.

The SQL to insert the new row is:

insert into TelecasterSubscribedService (pkid, fkDevice, serviceURL, serviceName, fkTelecasterService) VALUES (NEWID(),varD, varA, varB, varC)

varD = The pkid of the phone you wish to add the service to from the "Devices" table.

Obviously test it on 1 phone first!

Good Luck

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

pcresswell
Level 1
Level 1

Note: this is probably not a supported solution!

Note: This has only been tested on CM 3.1(3a), the Database structure may be different on other versions

The easiest way to do this is via a SQL query. E.g. manually add the service to one phone through CM admin web pages, then view the table "TelecasterSubscribedService" and find the one you have just added. For that record, make a note of the value for the "serviceURL" field (I will now refer to this value as varA), the "serviceName"(varB) and "fkTelecasterService"(varC).

You can then write a script which adds additional rows to this table for all devices returned from a query on "Devices" table.

The SQL to insert the new row is:

insert into TelecasterSubscribedService (pkid, fkDevice, serviceURL, serviceName, fkTelecasterService) VALUES (NEWID(),varD, varA, varB, varC)

varD = The pkid of the phone you wish to add the service to from the "Devices" table.

Obviously test it on 1 phone first!

Good Luck

Vance Krier
Level 4
Level 4

The BAT->phone->modify phone screen gives you the option to create a query and add services to those devices. I've never actually used BAT for this purpose, but I think it should work.

Good luck,

Vance

Thanks Vance for your reply.

I think I can only use Bat and the Subscribe Service option when I need to configure a new template for new phones but not to add subscription to phones that are already registered !

Ok, but there's a whole ton of stuff you can do to phones that are already registered... Have you looked at the Update Phone page on the latest version of BAT? It's pretty cool.

My 2 cent.

Vance

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: