Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echo between ip phones

Hi,

I have a customer running CM 3.3.2 ES 45. Is there any reason why I would hear echo between two IP Phones? No speaker phones involved.

Phone load P00405000200

Thanks

Frank

8 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Echo between ip phones

Could be a few things. There is more thank likely a delay somewhere on the network. What gateway are you using? There is a command in IOS for the port that is echo cancel-coverage. This helped me. Or if the volume is up all the way on the phone the mic can give feedback.

Geoff

This is a brand new network infrastructure with L2 QOS. I really do not think it is a delay issue. gateways are not of concern in this case since the echo is in between ip phones. And as far as volume on the phone, this also should not matter since we were not using the speaker phone.

Any other ideas?

I am thinking bug.

Just an FYI but I am having the same problem as well on 3.3(2). PLease keep us posted on what you find. My echo seems to heard more when the caller is on a speaker phone but they are hearing it on headsets and Handsets as well...just maybe not as much. Sometimes they hear their voice echo, other times they hear the callers echo. I am thinking bug as well. My complainers are coming in over a VPN but I don't think this is the issue

What phone load are you running?

P00303030202

Another nod to yes here for problems with IP phone to IP phone echo.

Network is Layer 2 QOS with New 3550PWR and older 3524PWR edge switches and 6509 core. This issue does not discriminate between old and new boxes. I'm experiencing the same problem on both edge devices. Switch firmware loads are current. Phone firmware is P00305000200.

This echo was noted almost immediately following the initial install and has persisted through several phone firmware updates and an upgrade from 3.3(2) to 3.3(3).

I am also running 3550-24 PWR in the access layer.

My biggest complainers are using the power cable so I don't think it's an in-line poer issue. This did not happen on 31(3a) for me. Hit as soon as we upgraded to 3.3(2)spC. I am going to try giving a few complainers different phones as see if that helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content