cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Echo-Cancel Suppressor & CM 3.2(3) Controlled Gateways

mlinsemier
Level 1
Level 1

In 12.2(13)T3 and I am sure ealier versions, there is the ability to enter echo-cancel suppressor command on the voice-port to esentially eliminate echo at the start of a call. However, since our VG200 is currently controlled by the CM, when the gateway is reset or restarted, the changes to the commands entered manually do not get saved. Additionally, I am assuming that you need to shut / no shut the interface to get the command to work correctly. Doing this I believe will cause the gateway to re-register with CM and in doing this cause the command to no longer appear in the config. The option for enabling echo-cancel suppressor does not currently exist in CM or I simply am blind and cannot find it.

Any ideas other then manually configuring the voice ports rather then letting CM do it?

4 Replies 4

ctrieu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I'm not sure what configuration setting you have on the vg200.

Please check and see if you have configured the following on the vg200:

"ccm-manager config server"

"ccm-manager config"

If you have these two commands, you should remove them. These commands will download the configuration from CM. This would be a possible cause of the problem.

Also, this echo-cancel suppressor is only valid if the voice-card is NOT configured with to use the new ecan (Enhanced ITU-T G.168 Echo Cancellation)

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122t/122t13/ftecho.htm

Thanks,

Chinh

Chinh,

Thanks for the info. Definately using ITU-T G.168 is a must for sure. I am running into a problem though. I am unable to execute half of the commands on our 2651XM router.

I enable the complexity to medium on the voice card, switch to the voice port, and I am unable to execute echo cancel erl or echo cancel coverage 64 (just as a test to see if the features are there). The commands to not exist.

I have tried 12.2(13)T5, 12.2(15)T2, and 12.2(15)ZJ as listed. Im a bit confused on whats up.

Matt

The critical part is that the "ecan-extended" keyword needs to be there on your voice-card. For example,

voice-card 0

codec complexity medium ecan-extended

After this, 64ms coverage is available - it's even the default.

This command has been omited in ZJ version of the code and it still does not exist. It just seems like I have the original echo cancellation implementation activated rather then U.168.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: