Views
Helpful
Replies

Echo on IP phones after upgrade to CM3.12c

scoe
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we upgraded a customers Call Manager to V3.12c patch B and since then some 7960 phones are suffering echo of their own voice on all calls to other IP phones and to the PSTN.

I have read the other conversations about this and I have read the bug CSCdv05279.

Phone load is P00303010102. I have seen a suggestion that P00303010103 will fix it. Can't find this anywhere on CCO. Where is it? And is this is the recommended fix for CSCdv05279?

Rgds,

Stuart

Rgds,

Stuart

4 Replies 4

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

I could be wrong but I don't think the 103 load is going to solve your echo issues. Are you seeing phone to phone echo or just phone to pstn echo. One thing we do around here is set a phone to call foward back out what ever pstn gateway we are using. The call that number and have a conversation between to pstn phones going over to b channels on the gateway. If you are getting echo in this cituation it sounds like you need to tune the db levels on the gateway or it could be the gateway. If this is fine and it is just phone to pstn it could be something in the phone load I guess.

The bug you referenced is phone to phone echo are you getting this as well?

What pstn gatewary are you using?

Thank you,

-Mckee

It's on calls to PSTN and to other IP phones. So not a gateway issue.

Rgds,

Stuart

miket
Level 5
Level 5

We also had some echo problems on the base 3.1.2c phone loads. After upgrading to 3.1.3a the echo appears to be gone. Cisco Tac did also told us to put a newer level of phone load on. If you open a problem with Cisco TAC they should be able to email it to you along with instructions on how to apply it.

This is now fixed with phone load that comes with V313a - P003030108. But watch out for a bug with this phone load to do with transferring/holding/ending 1st call when a 2nd call comes in to a 2nd line and the options disappear. Need to get engineering phone load with this phone load P003030101B8 for this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: