Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Echo On IP Phones

We are experiencing a problem with echo on the phones. When we talk, our voice echos back. The person on the other end does not hear the echo but it is very difficult to carry on a conversation. We are using CM 3.1 with a Unity Box. Any suggesions would be a great help.

3 REPLIES

Re: Echo On IP Phones

Check the volume setting for the handset/headset/speaker on the end that is not hearing the echo. We had similar problems when we were on CM 3.1, but I am pretty sure a later phone load helped correct the problem. I am currently running 3.2(2c)spB without that type of problem.

The problem occurs when the remote IP phone has the volume set to 3/4 or higher. The sound would travel through earpiece to microphone and return back to the calling IP Phone. It was a most excellent echo, clear and loud :-)

Depending on your gateway, there may be ways to correct the problem there as well. VG200/H.323 gateways provide the means to tweak the echo cancellation with the "echo cancel coverage" command. This worked for the echo problems I was having.

Also, make sure the phone load is up-to-date. We had the same problem, intermittently, until we upgraded to 403.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content