Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

echo problem

I just installed 3.1 on our CallManager and ever since then I have had a real bad echo problem on the system. The echo is most notable when it comes through the link (DT-24PIR card) to the NEC 2400 to pick up a out side trunk line. To some degree from

call made from IP phone to IP phone in the same call manager. The volume to and from the callmanager is affected to some degree.

I have tried everything I can think of, read all I can find on the Cisco Web Site about echos, and have a ticket opened with Cisco Tac to date nothing has worked. Tac did send me a lode to fix a "audio level adjustments not working on the DT-24+" problem,

and I still have the echo. I have adjusted the levels of input to and from the IP network to -6dB.

Please assist .

thanks !

Sherry Shenoy

4 REPLIES

Re: echo problem

Complex troubleshooting issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

Please continue working with our Technical Assistance Center and your support representative to resolve this issue. Thank you for posting.

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Cisco Employee

Sherry,

The phone to phone echo is most likely CSCdv05172. I have heard they are working on a load that will put echo cancelation into the handset and headset of the 7960 phones. This should help but will not be available until sometime in Feburary at the earliest. What load are you running on the DT-24+? Right now when you adjust the db levels does the voice get louder or softer or does it stay the same.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Sherry,

I feel your pain. I have a DT-24+ connected to a ROLM PBX and I have been getting it ever since the upgrade to 3.1. I have tried everything possible too, read everything on CCO, adjusted the volume, changed the loads, tried every level of dB into and from the network and I still have a TAC case open without resolve.

I think it's ridiculous to have to wait until February to get the fix. I've been getting beat up daily to get this resolved. I have delayed futher deployment of IP Phones until it is resolved.

If you find a fix, please let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

dan.allison@faypwc.com

Sherry: I had a P2 called opened for months with TAC with no results. Here is what we did:

1. Load for DT24 D00303010019

2. Load for 7960/40 P003030101P3

3. Got Rid of the DT24+

There are some routers commands that can help:

cablelenght short 133

echo-cancel coverage 32

If you dont have the P3 load above send me your email address and I will send it.

marc

Views
Helpful
Replies