Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Email Notifications with AIM-CUE on 2821 Router

Hi,

I am hoping someone can tell me where I'm going wrong.. There are two issues I am having. I have a AIM-CUE card in my 2821 Router. The software versions are:

Software Version:  15.1(3)T1 / CME 8.5

CUE: Installer (Installer application) 7.0.1.0

I have a 5 channel SIP service for my phone lines in the router, this is working fine. I have set up mailboxes for each user, including the main sip service number which will take a message if phone busy or not answered.. That's all working..

My issues are:

1. When someone leaves a voice message, I have configured email notifications yet the system doesn't even attempt to send an email. I have used wireshark to trace network activity, and there is NO SMTP activity from the router at all! I have confugred the SMTP settings in the CUE card, as well as the notification settings for the users. I need to have ALL voicemail messages left at any time of the day/night emailed through to an email address as soon as they are left.

2. As the main number is an un-manned phone number, there is a mailbox user set up for the SIP service, when incoming calls are not answered the voicemail will take a message. How do I set up something so these messages left can alert me on my phone or a couple of phones that there are messages waiting?

I am wondering if I have unmatching versions of IOS and software installed.. Everything I have read, tells me this should be working.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Adam.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
1 REPLY

Email Notifications with AIM-CUE on 2821 Router

After a couple of days, it just started working. Not sure what happened, or why.. However it's working, doesn't appear to have any different settings. Weird, but yay!

Views
Helpful
Replies