cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

email server is down

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting the "email server is down" problem as well. The voicemails come to the exchange mailbox but you can't retrieve them from a phone. We are running Unity 3.0 Build 3.0(3) with Call Manager 3.1(3a). My unity box is an exchange 5.5 box. Our Enterprise group is in the process of upgrading our NT4 domain to a 2000 AD Domain. They just installed an exchange 2k box and are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to the 2k server. The ones on the 5.5 server are still fully functional. It is the mailboxes on the 2k server that i am getting that error. Does that information help? Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

If your Unity box is hooked up to Exchange 5.5 Unity will not be able to log into or monitor Exchange 2000 boxes. If you want to support folks on both Exchange 5.5 and 2000 you'll need to hook Unity up to an Exchange 2000 box and follow the instructions in the install guide for a mixed install... there's a couple items in the registry you'll have to modify post install for this to work.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: