Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I am getting this message when I try to retrieve messages over the IP phones....However the Outlook inbox portions works fine. We had a Global Catalog Server glitch yesterday and I'm not sure if this had anything to do with it....<br>We are using A/P cluster with exch2000.....<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

First, you'll want to indicate what version/build of Unity you're running on.

Sounds like some bad mojo in Exchange land going on... If you call in and attempt to sign into your mailbox over the phone and hear the "your mail server is off line" message, this usually means the "MAPI traffic cop" has refused you entry. We watch the up/down status of all the Exchange servers in the network that house one or more subscribers the Unity server cares about and when we think one of them is down, it logs a "Exchange server X is off line" message in the application event log (it'll note when we think it's back on line as well). At this point all subscribers attempting to call in and check messages on that server will be denied access since it'll result in a long (long) MAPI timeout if the server is off line. It would be helpful to see the entire application event log.

Any number of reasons why Unity would consider the Exchange server off line... We ping the servers by name so if you're having DNS issues that would be a problem. We ping the directory and mailstore services on the remote box. If one or both are down or if the ping takes too long to be responded to we'll consider it down. Typically if it's taking too long to hear back you'll see a series of "up" and "down" messages in the application event log close to each other... the timeout for these pings can be extended to help with that.

Presumably you can move a mailbox (or create a test mailbox) on the Unity server itself (or the Exchange server we're hooked to which should not be in the cluster itself) and get at messages over the phone... true? Is it all subsribers in the entire cluster or is it hit/miss based on anything you can see?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Jeff,
Unity is leaving messages on the exchange but the phones cant access the mail....
We are running version 3.1.2

Not applicable

yeah, I got that from your first post. I asked several other questions in there... this gives me next to nothing to go on, it'd be impossible for me to guess what's happening based on this level of detail.

You'll probalby want to open a TAC case and get someone in there looking around.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I'm getting these in event view

SERVER VSMAIL1 Not Avilable. Messages for Alias [JDittmar] could'nt be delivered on line 969 of file e:\views\amis3.1.1.13\un_Conv3\UnityUMR\AvUMRSyncSvr\UMRThread.cpp

Hi,
I'm getting exactly the same problem. Did you get a resolution? Would you like to share it?!

Stuart Coe
stuart.coe@ntl.com

Not applicable

Its not dns or any other network issue....
I'mnot convinced that it might have to do with Call Manager , we loaded some ACD application and it hasnt worked exactly the same since....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: