Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Email subject and greeting query

If I receive a message from a non-unity subscriber in the subject line i see the extension number of the sender. If its a Unity Subscriber Unity converts this to the Display name. Is there a way to turn this conversion off so that it will always display the extension number in the subject line?

Secondly, When a user creates their own greeting instead of the system one, after their greeting is head, a system voice says, "....leave your message after the tone"... Where do i turn this off, so that you only hear their greeting?!

Many thanks in advance

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Email subject and greeting query

1. No, the subject line is not adjustable by any means at the moment.

2. Check out this thread for a (non TAC supported) way to turn that prompt off system wide:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&type=bookmarks&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.ee83e4c/0#selected_message

Gold

Re: Email subject and greeting query

You could turn off Identified Subscriber Messaging (ISM) system wide if you really wanted to. Then the subject line would show the calling number. The down side is that all of the messages would be from "Unity Messaging System" rather than the sender’s mailbox. The limitation would be that you couldn't hit reply from your email client to send a reply.

You can disable ISM from the System page in the SA.

Thanks,

Keith

Views
Helpful
Replies