Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Emergency Admin mailbox

If you go to the exchange system admin you can view the mailbox sizes... I don't have the eadministrator active, however, this account has managed to rack up 25 MB of space in the mailbox.

How can you delete messages in the emergency admins mailbox. I tried:

1. dialing unity pilot and then entering in his code 99999. No luck

2. tried deleting messages from exchange itself. No luck

Any ideas anyone???

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Emergency Admin mailbox

Unity version?

I'm not sure what you mean by "I don't have the eadministrator active" here...

The Eadministrator is the default recipient of messages to the unaddressed messages DL and a couple other handlers including the after hours interview handler. Those are probably the messages being sent to that mailbox.

Did you change the Id or pw on this account? You should always be able to get into that box if not - what do you mean by "no luck"? You can't log into the account with the password, it says there is no account with that ID, you don't hear the messages in the box or what?

You'll want to get into this mailbox using a client like Outlook or you can use the DPT interface in a pinch - don't install Outlook on the Unity box... use another client box if you can. You don't want to just wax the messages in here blindly, they may possibly be valid messages that couldn't be delivered for whatever reason.

You also need to go through your system and make sure you have real admin type folks assigned to receive messages to the system DLs (unaddressed messages in particular) as well as the call handlers and interview handlers in the system to make sure this account isn't just sitting on messages folks don't know about... which is bad.

No change Id or pw on the eadmin account.

I was trying to access the eadmin mailbox from an ip phone. I will try using an outlook client. my mistake...

How do i change the call/interview handlers and unaddressed messages from going to the eadmin account? In other words send them to another email account?

Cisco Employee

The interview handlers have a "send responses to" field on the profile page in the SA. You can select a subscriber or a public distribution list here where the resulting messages can be sent - call handlers have a similiar field on the "messages" page in the SA. All the default call handlers will list the EAdmin as both the owner and the recipient - you'll want to check the operator call handler and the like to make sure you get them all. You can use BulkEdit to do this for large numbers of handlers if you need to: just have it select all call handlers that have the EAdministrator listed as the recipient and change the recipient on all of them to a selected admin account.

For the DL, just change the membership on the unaddressed messages DL either through the SA or directly in ADUC - you can remove the Example Admin account from the DL and add one or more "real" account here.

Configure the Active Directory account for Eadministrator to forward messages to your account. This is set on the Exchange General Tab under delivery options for the properties of the account.

This method will allow you to hear the messages that are working their way into the voice mail box for Eadministrator.

I just created a pop3 connection to the unity server to download the mail that way... Now i check both mails with one profile... All Emergency Admin email will forward to my unity email account which i download via pop3. Thanks for the help!

Views
Helpful
Replies