Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Emergency Responder Phone Registration Problems

I am having problems with some phones that do not seem to be tracked by Emergency Responder(1.2.3). On a given switch I might have 22 phones that are correctly recognized in ER but one or two that are not, even though they are registered in CallManager (4.0.2asr1a) and show up in the "show cdp nei" command.

I am looking for ideas for what to look for in order to solve this problem.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
6 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Emergency Responder Phone Registration Problems

The phones that do not show up in CER > ERL Membership (in other words, not being tracked by CER), are registered to which CallManager? Check the SNMP Community string configured on that CallManager's SNMP Service in Windows Services. The string should match the SNMP community string configured in CER for that CallManager.

CER should be able to talk SNMP with the CallManager to which the IP Phones are registered.

If eveything seems fine, restart the SNMP Service on the CallManager, and see if that helps.

I checked the SNMP settings on the Publisher, and also on the Subscriber where the "missing" phone is registered to.

I also restarted the SNMP service on both servers. No change.

I have also rebooted the "missing" phone.

More info:

The switch has 22 phones on it, all registered to the same CallManager Subscriber. All but 1 appear in the Switch Port details.

There are other instances where more than one phone on a switch goes missing in ER.

Any other ideas?

Cisco Employee

What version of IOS/CatOS? What kind of switch? Any SR installed in the CER server? What type of phone? Have you tried to restart SNMP on the CER server? If swap this phone with another port that was able to discover is the phone seen in CER, does the problem follow the phone or the port?

Mike

My troubleshooting is focusing on a Cat3524 version 12.0(5)WC7, but I am also seeing this on a Cat 3750.

When the phone is swapped to another "working" port, the problem follows the phone, and it does not appear in Unlocated Phones either.

I have not restarted the SNMP on CER yet.

Cisco Employee

What SR is installed on the CER server? If you enable all debugs on the CER server do you see ALL the ports from the switch returned in the logs?

Mike

The problem was found. The two CER servers were having problems communicating with each other and the databases became unsynchronized. Once that was solved everything came back to normal.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.