cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Call Forward from offsite!!!!

jolo07310
Level 5
Level 5

One of users need to callforward to his cell phone 917 123-4567 by calling into system.

CCM 4.13sr1 and Unified 4.04 sr1 with exchange 2000

I told him that you can press "CFwdALL" before you leave office, or use https://x.x.x.x/ccmuser in compnay or through VPN offsite.

But he said he doesnt have internet at home AND doesnt want to use "CFwdALL" button.

I knew there is a feature at Unity that you can do call forward by calling from outside into Unity. I tried that and the number showed up at Unity Admin web page, but it greyed out.

But I think this feature only for internal extension only. Am I right?

Is there anyway calling from outside to do Call Forward feature??

Thanks

5 Replies 5

You can do it through unity.If you don't have call forward all on, then would have to wait for the forward no answer timeout, then can have unity setup with say the 1 button set to forward to the cell phone, but this is not really a good way of doing it as there is a long delay waiting for the forward no answer timeout.

DebbyGalle
Level 1
Level 1

Call Cisco Unity from outside your organization dial what ever number you need to get to your extension. When you get your voicemail press * when Unity answers. Enter your Cisco Unity ID (which is your extension)when prompted and enter your password when prompted.If you press 44 you will be prompted to press 2 to transfer to another number. This is where you would enter the number to forward to. If you use a pre dial such as a 9 or 8 be sure to included this in the number to forward to.

I guess you guys misunderstand what I tried to say.

I knew we can do "callforward" from unity by calling from outside or inside.

However, I tried myself and it did not work.

First, I tried to callforward my extension 2222 to extension 1111. When I call, it goes right in my voice mail after 4 rings. I looked at Unity webpage, the number 1111 is there, but it greyed out, and the radio button was not selected.

So, I manually selected the radio button with extension 1111 and click save. But it did not work too.

Second, I tried to callforward my extension 2222 to my cell phone 9 1917xxx xxxx. But the unity did not even accept.

Thanks

I think I had a similar issue where it wouldn't accept an external number to forward to when setting it by dialing in through the phone. If I logged into the Unity PCA web page, then entered my cellphone number to forward to (prefixed with a 9), it worked. When doing it through the phone, it wouldn't accept the 9 and my cellphone. After entering the digits, it would repeat the prompt to enter the number to forward to. I haven't had a chance to finish troubleshooting that.

Not sure if this helps, but maybe someone will read this and offer some more insight.

Kevin

I think your issue to the first problem is if you dial your own VM box the only time the transfer will work if you put in your extension again then the transfer will work. If you dial another persons VM box or a main AA number then put in your extension and now it will be seen as a transfer into your mailbox and it will work

For the second question regarding call forward not working in Unity check your restriction rules applied to your user through the COS. Your restriction rules are blocking transferring out of Unity to prevent toll fraud.