Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Enabling LDAP

We are attemping a Unity install/integration with our Call Manager/WIN2K/Exchange environment. We have run SysCheckPreInstall and are hung up on errors:<br>LDAP not enabled for Exchange Site and<br>LDAP Error: in<br>h:\CommSvr\Sources\SysCheck\PreInstallExchangeTests\AVGetSecurityDescriptorsFromExchange.cpp line 226 , hr= :HRESULT 0x00000002 No Such Object<br><br>We have stepped thru all the CCO pages we can find on enabling LDAP and are still not successful. WIN2K is on Service Pack 2.<br><br>How do I get past this error?<br><br>Jon Taylor<br><br>Systems Engineer<br>Trinity Network Solutions

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Enabling LDAP

Check out the README.HTM file under the documentation directory on CD #1... it has a section in there on installing on a Win2K system that covers this. You'll also find more than a few posts on this matter out here on the forum as well.

Short story, Win2K uses 389 for active directory, EXchange 5.5 uses 389 by default for it's LDAP interface... Ex5.5 loses that battle. You need to go and change it in Exchange 5.5 to something not being used (i.e. 1024). I normally reccomend doing this as the site level and making sure the server is using the site defaults (which is the default configuration). Head to the configuration container under the site, then select "protocols" on the right... one of them will be LDAP. It should be enabled but will probably be at 389... Under the server you'll see a protocols section there, make sure it's LDAP section is taking the site defaults.

You do need to reboot after changing the LDAP port number in some cases, so I always reccomend just doing it.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content