Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Enabling Router for VOIP

Currently Installing VOIP and Video Conferencing over the WAN. The telephony system being Ericsson Businessphone sytem. We have 4 Routers as follows in 4 offices country wide, they are 1 X Cisco 3640 & 3 X 2621. What do I need to enable them for VOIP, We currently have the basic IOS software installed on the system.

5 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Enabling Router for VOIP

I would look at loading 12.2.3 to give functionality such as low latency queuing to give strict priority to delay sensitve traffic such as voice and video. Other features such as frame-relay traffic shaping (although this is available in earlier versions) can be used further to shape traffic for added QoS.

Community Member

The previous post was correct as far as the release suggestion. But to enable voice you will need to use a PLUS image. Such as IP PLUS or ENTERPRISE PLUS.

Community Member

Thanks very much for that info, but would there have to be any hardware related modification made to the router to interface with the ericsson PABX

Community Member

Depending on what you are interfacing on the PBX. If it is T1 you will need NM-HDV's on the router with MFT T1 cards. If you are using analog ports (FXS,E&M,FXO) you will need the VIC's and the module to hold them. The modules will hold the DSP's which you must have for voice.

Community Member

Must apologise I am not Cisco clued we have wic 2t cards in the routers and require IP Plus but is there an interface on the pabx that connects to the hub or is there a requirement for an IPU card in the PABX

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content