cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

encountered bug CSCse49574

Steven Landon
Level 1
Level 1

I have encountered this bug. I have tried the workarounds and i still cannot install. Has anyone else ran into this?

What was the solution?

Steve

Regards,
Steve
Please rate all helpful posts.
6 Replies 6

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Steve,

If you have verified the workaround is in place and they are adament that

a) The logical drive exists

AND

b) the Array status for this particular array is in Optimal state (as opposed

to Clearing or Verify)

I would replace media (DVD).

Also, I would expect a different error if the Hardware wasn't compliant, but

still check if the HW they have is in line with the specs for a 7825H:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/voiceapp/ps378/products_data_sheet0900aecd80456658.html

Also please let us which Server model you are using? Did you buy it from Cisco or from HP|IBM ?

As a note:

CSCse49574

Externally found moderate defect: New (N)

Failed to transfer image on DL320 G4 (MCS-7825-H2) and IBM 306M

Release-note:

Symptom: Error message is occastionally displayed when loading OS 2000.4.3a on DL320 G4 (MCS-7825-H2) and IBM 306M servers. Error may be reported:

"The transfer of os image to the hard drive failed.due to scratch or smudged dvd-ROM or

due to hard failure within the system."

Have seen some issues in which customers are not using the proper CDs or customer replaced system board and h/d's .

At this point I widely recommend you to open a case with us for further troubleshooting.

HTH

The server is a Cisco Labled G4 (MCS-7825-H2). I have tried 4 sets of media with the same results.

This is happening on both servers I have for this customer.

I do have a case open with TAC. TAC is focused on bad media. I refuse to believe i would have so many sets of bad media.

Steve

Regards,
Steve

I had the same exact problem and its not the media. I had 2 servers. 1 fianlly loaded on the 3rd try the second loaded on the 9th or 10th. On the one that took 9 or 10 we switched the locations of the 2 hard drives and that was the time it finally loaded. I had to come back and rebuild one of these servers later because of a RAM failure and never had an issue getting os to load. So its like once you get it to load it works from then on. Also I noticed when they did not load, during the bootup it would say bios not installed but when the load was finally sucessful it would say bios loaded or something like that. So I think it has something to do with bios.

My problem is a little different. I ran into this porblem while performaing a disater recovery test. The OS loaded fine the first time.

I have made around 12 or so attempts to install.

Regards,
Steve

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

Hi, if you have the newer G4 servers, then there are discs specifically for these servers ask you disti

Thank you. As i mentioned i was able to install the first time. This is a re-install. The media is not the problem.

Thanks,

Steve

Regards,
Steve
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: