Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ephone-hunt not providing ring tone

All -

Another in my series of questions as I work through my first CME deployment.

I've got the custom AA script built and it is properly redirecting calls to target extensions that are ephone-hunt DNs.

I am noticing that the caller hears ring tone through the duration of the attempt at ringing the first DN in the hunt list. However, when the hunt proceeds to the next DN in the list - the ringing indicator stops and the caller hears nothing.

Any ideas where I should look to fix this issue?

3 REPLIES

Re: ephone-hunt not providing ring tone

I made note of an additional condition...

the first target in the hunt list rings, then when the timeout expires (10 seconds) it moves to the second target. When that occurs the calling phone changes state to connected (and thus no ring indication) even though the next target in the list is still ringing.

Hi, I have the same problem.

I'm interested if it's related to the hardware, I applied the same configuration on the 2800 series router and it works fine.

But where I've seen the problem is on the 2621XM with FXO ports using 12.4-4XC4.

My question is, what hardware, interfaces and IOS are you using?

cheers

Hardware is 2811 with 12.4(9)T1.

Voice hardware is NM-HDA-FXS with 8 addt'l FXO ports, plus VIC2-4FXS, AIM-CUE.

CUE version is 2.3.2

Oddly enough - when choosing an ephone-hunt list that has a 4 DNs associated the ring indication returned once the list progressed to the fourth device (a real IP phone).

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content