Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Equipment needed for a proper CCIE Collaboration Lab

Currently at home I have a 1760 router, a 3550 switch a 5505 firewall, a Fortinet 60B, two Dell poweredge servers with ESXi, a DD-WRT router with QoS capabilities, and a dozen or so Cisco 7912 phones.

I'm going to be picking up a 2821 router and a POE 3560 switch in the next few days.  I have access to loads of WIC cards, PVDM2's and a CUE-NM module.  I also have all of the software (CallManager 9.1, Unity, UCCX, Presence, and MeetingPlace 8.6).  Cisco doesnt offer a temporary license for UCCX or MeetingPlace.  So I dont know if I'll be able to install it.  Anybody have any idea's for that?

What else should I put on my wish list to buy?  I dont have tons of money.  So the newer routers and switches are out of the question.  I know they expect you to have a 2900 router, a 3900 router, and a newer 4400-x switch.  But realistically, what would you be able to do on those that you couldnt on a 2800 and 3560?

I do think I'll need to break down and buy a pair of video phones.  I dont think there is a way around that.

1 REPLY

Equipment needed for a proper CCIE Collaboration Lab

Hi,

take a look at this:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20807 (requires login).

I don't know yet (I guess nobody does) why they changed the hw from 28xx to 29xx, PVDM2 to PVDM3.

About the switches, I guess if you've got a 3560, that would do, I can't imagine why would anyone need a newer version, unless there's something really, really specific.

UCCX license comes on the installation media (a temporary one, valid for a month, but come on, talk to your Cisco contact to generate one for you).

G.

Views
Helpful
Replies