Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Erase a Subscriber in Unity

Unity Version 3.1.5

Unified Exchange 2000

My customer was not able to erase a subscriber in the Unity. So he goes in the Entreprise manager in SQL. He delete the subscriber from SQL and try to re-install it from the menu in Unity. But the server does not give him the choice of the delete subscriber. Did somebody have a clue about that?

Frederick

Technician

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Erase a Subscriber in Unity

I'm not sure I understand your description here...

1. What was failing when they tried to remove the user via the SA? Did it not offer the option to delete, was it failing with an error, something else?

2. After deleting them from SQL I assume by "reinstall" you mean they tried to import that user from Exchange again?

3. I have no clue what you mean by "but the server does not give him the choise of the delete subscriber". You mean that user didn't show up as importable?

If that's the case you need to remove the subscriber properties from that user in the directory (AD in this case) before you're allowed to import them again. This can be done with the Remove Subscriber Properties tool which should be on your box already in the Tools Depot however you can download a version from www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you need it.

The bigger issue here is what was going on when they tried to remove the use and it failed - the most likely issue here is a rights problem where Unity was unable to update the properties on that particular user in the directory so we couldn't clear the ciscoESCBULocationObjectId value for instance - I've seen this before. Either the user is in a container our directory facing account does not have proper update rights to or that particular user had explicit denies against that account for updates or something similiar. There would be errors in the event log that would help point us at the source of the problem here.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I'm not sure I understand your description here...

1. What was failing when they tried to remove the user via the SA? Did it not offer the option to delete, was it failing with an error, something else?

2. After deleting them from SQL I assume by "reinstall" you mean they tried to import that user from Exchange again?

3. I have no clue what you mean by "but the server does not give him the choise of the delete subscriber". You mean that user didn't show up as importable?

If that's the case you need to remove the subscriber properties from that user in the directory (AD in this case) before you're allowed to import them again. This can be done with the Remove Subscriber Properties tool which should be on your box already in the Tools Depot however you can download a version from www.CiscoUnityTools.com if you need it.

The bigger issue here is what was going on when they tried to remove the use and it failed - the most likely issue here is a rights problem where Unity was unable to update the properties on that particular user in the directory so we couldn't clear the ciscoESCBULocationObjectId value for instance - I've seen this before. Either the user is in a container our directory facing account does not have proper update rights to or that particular user had explicit denies against that account for updates or something similiar. There would be errors in the event log that would help point us at the source of the problem here.

You point to the right place. I use the Remove Subscriber Properties tool and it fix my problem. Thank you !

My problem is fix now.

Views
Helpful
Replies