cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error adding Subscribers

bmailliard
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know why the following message "An unrecongnized error has occured. The new subscriber was not successfully added." is being reported. We are running Windows 2000 sp2 with exchange 5.5 sp 4 the box is a domain member. Unity is rev. 2.4.6. This error message is being reported when we try to create a new subscriber. If you make the user in exchange first and then add existing exchange user everything works fine. Also if you try to add a new user and a domain account already exists it reports that the NT alias is already in use.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

That's a generic error the SA throws up when the DOH returns any error when trying to commit a change to a mail user or create a new mail user. It could be any number of things causing the failure itself such as the password length on the template not being long enough for the rules you've applied to your Windows domain to a property being locked down in Exchange that we need to edit to the account you've got the Unity services associated with not having proper permissions.

The first thing I have folks do is have them log in as the account that installed Unity (i.e. the account associated with all the AVxxx services in the control panel) and run SysCheckPreinstall to make sure all the rights we're expecing. This is the most common problem for that error.

If that doesn't turn anything up, I'd have them turn on some DOH/DAL/ALCommon traces, create a user in the SA and look at the traces to see where the DOH is throwing the error in the user creation process and go from there. This is moderately complex so I'd reccomend calling TAC and getting a ticket open. If you want to have a go at it, let me know and I can tell you which traces to enable...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I've been having the same problem adding subscribers, even logged in as the admin. Clears up for a little while after a restart. I upgraded CM from 3.07 to 3.09 the day before, but I can't see how that would relate...

Not applicable

Turn on some traces in the DOH for me and reproduce the problem. It's likely something locked down under the covers (it's always something goofy you're not looking for like someone locking the Exchange schema down for a particular property, PW length too short etc...).

Turn on:

AlCommon, #10
AvSaDbConn, #10, 11, 12, 13
DalEx #10
DOH #10

Use MaestroTools.exe for this (you'll find it under Commserver) on the "Diagnostic Grid Reg Edit" tab.
Before you reproduce the problem, go to the "Diag/Data files" tab and hit the "open next" button. This will cycle the diagnostic logs so we don't have to slog through hours of nonrealted stuff that might be in there.

reproduce the problem. Then hit that "open next" button again which will cycle the diagnostic files again. Then hit the "open previous" button which will open up the last diagnostic log (the one with the problem reproed in it). When it asks how to format the log, just leave the default as "none" and open it up. Go ahead and save that off as a text file and email it to me to look over.

Doing it this way formats the logs nicely and makes it MUCH easier for us to read here... Hopefully we'll see the DOH throwing an error on a particular property or method and we can narrow down where you're problem is cropping up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)