Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Error Being Reported by Replication Monitor CCM 3.3(2c)

I have got a CCM 3.3(2c) clustered of two servers. All operations seems to be running fine. But when I go to Replication Monitor in SQL Server Enterprise Manager Subscriber it is reporting an error "subscriber marked inactive and must be re-initialised. No Sync".

When I forced a syncrhonization it doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Any tips?

4 REPLIES

Re: Error Being Reported by Replication Monitor CCM 3.3(2c)

You seem to have a broken cluster.

In CM 3.3 the SQL server gets installed as (local) and so you can't follow the cisco TAC authored document to recreate the subscription until you fix this first.

Go to the publisher > sql enterprise manager > sql server group and delete the publisher server. I know this sounds scary but bare with me.

right click on the sql server group and select new sql server registration. then type in the name of the server don't try and select it from the box as it will not be there.

once the server is back listed now try to reinitialise the subscription and this should fix it.

Then you need to understand why it happened anyway, check out the host / lmhosts files (I tend to put the entries in both to be sure).

Paul

Community Member

Thanks very much Paul. You mentioned broken cluster, should I be seeing some symptons. I had the the publisher shutdown and the subscriber seems to operate as normal.

Shutting down the publisher for any length of time (2hours or more) is a sure fire way of breaking the cluster replication.

The phones will appear to operate correctly with just the subscriber but there will be small problems that are tell tale signs. Things like you can not make any admin changes, extension mobility will not work and you can not set call forward.

Call manager works on the principal that the publisher is always there and ANY database writes go through the publisher, so if the publisher isn't available then the subscriber will operate with the last known database updates but nothing after that.

Try setting call froward on an extension and you will get a database error in the display.

Paul

Community Member

I tried this and it still came back as local.. My lmhosts is okay and ideas ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content