cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Configuring fresh CRA Box

jfrelin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm getting this error when I'm at the inital web setup screen for CRA. Nothing is non-standard about the cluster.

javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - Invalid credentials] (80004005)

I've tried my sa/admin password for the publisher, plus ciscocisco, etc etc.

ideas?

3 Replies 3

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

Depending on the directory you are using you need to put in the directory user password. If you are using the default DCDirectory then you need to put in the password for the Directory Manager user. Make sure you have the correct info as in the link below.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_22/appl_adm/admgd02.htm#xtocid2482110

Just keep in mind this doc says the password is ciscocisco. That is the case if you did a 3.0 install and upgraded. If you install 3.1 first it asked you for the Directory Manager password.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Hmmm.. I did a fresh 3.1 CCM Install and the password I used globally for all the PW works fine, but not on the apps box. Perchance does the application engine or DC Directory not like "*"'s in the password or "$"'s?

Not sure about that. One thing you can do to verify what or what is not the password. If you look in the registry. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Directory Configuration specifically look at the mgrpw. This the password callmanager services are using to login to dcdirectory. So go to a command prompt and type "passwordutils (password you think it is)". This will give you the encrypted version of the password you think it is. If they don't match that is your problem.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: