Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt

Hello experts,

I have recently inherited a small CCM system (a publisher, no subscribers, one mgcp gateway)

For the most part everything seems to works ok, however, every couple of weeks we cannot place external calls (reorder tone), although we can receive incoming pstn calls. Internal calls work fine. I temporarily fix this problem by resetting the gateway. I have found nothing in the gateway logs or debug sessions that indicate a problem.

However, every forty seconds exactly, for weeks on end, and across reboots, I get the following event message:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: Cisco CallManager

Event Category: None

Event ID: 3

Date: 10/9/2006

Time: 4:56:23 PM

User: N/A

Computer: HQCCM1

Description:

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 0

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 192.168.253.1

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: StandAloneCluster

Node ID: 192.168.1.6

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

What device is causing this? As a troubleshooting I went and eliminated every mtp, transcoder, and conference service we had and the error message continued. I only have one pri on the gateway.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES

Re: Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection atte

CCM version 4.1.(3)sr3a

As indicated by the following link, the device type is "MODEL_UNKNOW" and the reason code indicates a connectivity error.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_error_message09186a0080208afa.html

Do you know what device has IP address 192.168.253.1?

What type of gateway and what IOS version are you using? There have been some DSP problems with certain versions of IOS that could cause the problem you are having. The link below references one such problem.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCdu53333

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

The gateway is a 2821 running 12.4(1r) and has three pvdm2 32,32,64

The gateway loopback address is 192.168.253.1 and is pingable from the ccm (and vice versa)

Connectivity is never lost during these outages

Green

Make sure what is configured in the Gateway is configured in CCM.

If you dont have configured Transcoders|MTP| CFB in CCM, but in GW, GW will attempt to register to CCM without success causing those errors.

You may either configured them or disable SCCP by doing a no sccp in config mode

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content