Views
Helpful
Replies

Error during CM4.1.3 installation on new MSC7825 server

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

can somebody tell me whats the cause of the failure. This is a 1st time installation on a new MCS 7825 server.

Attached is the error log.

Thanks

Brgds

Renzil

9 Replies 9

kthorngr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seeing this in the log file:

Action 11:58:01: MSICheckForCCMFailure.

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: Function Started

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: Opened registry key

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: Retrieved status of CallManager install

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: 3

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: Successfully Delete Uninstall key : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{1e2d6e82-f372-11d3-9dbc-0010a4e34af5}

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: CallManager install detected copying files failed

11:58:02: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: Message displayed: The Cisco Callmanager installation detected an error while copying files.

Stop all platform agents and Cisco-verified applications, and restart the installation.

For more information, refer to the Upgrading Cisco CallManager documents.

12:01:28: MSIApi.cpp: MSICheckForCCMFailure: Function Ended

We will probably need to look at other log files, such as the corresponding CCMDBSetup log, to get more details regarding the error. It looks like the installer is not able to copy some files. Could be a CD issue or it could be a hard drive issue. You might want to try chkdsk to see if there are any disk issues.

Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Attched is the CCMDBSetup log as you asked for. Also where can i find the chkdsk utility.

Thanks

Brgds

Renzil

I have verified that the disk is OK by running the chkdsk command.

Thanks

renzil

In the log file I am seeing this message:

10-7-2005 11:57:49 Failed to copy the C:\Program Files\Cisco\MA\LDAPConfig.ini file to C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\{1E2D6E82-F372-11D3-9DBC-0010A4E34AF5}\ directory or the file does not exist.

We have seen this a couple of times and using the following chkdsk command resolved the issue:

chkdsk C: /F /R

Try the above command then try the installation again. Let me know if this helps.

Kevin

Nope,

Yet the same error.

Any thing more to check ?

Brgds

renzil

I have the same issue on a MCS7825i trying to install the subscriber. Have you found a solution?

Nope, I was adviced by TAC to send back the server.

Brgds

Renzil

TAC also issued me an RMA and sent a new server. The new server worked fine.

michaelkoch
Level 1
Level 1

i have had the same problem. installation of ccm doesnt work. on another server bought at the same time it works! after upgrading the bios i have got from ibm.com it worked also on this server!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: