cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error from Directory Walker

emlee
Level 1
Level 1

I just ran directory walker to make sure my Unity system is running properly. I got this as my only error. Since it's a Unity account, how do I fix it? If it's an unneccessary account, I'd rather delete it than "reimport" as the error suggests.<br><br>I did encounter some problems during my upgrade from 2.4 to 3.0 and did an uninstall then reinstall.<br><br><br><br>*** Starting subscriber walk ***<br>Alias=ESubscriber<br>Display Name=Example Subscriber - BH-UNITY01<br>(error) Primary Call Handler is not valid!<br> This subscriber may be 'stranded' by an improper uninstall of a previous Unity system or<br> it may be 'sharing' a primary call handler with one or more other subscribers.<br> If you select the 'Remove subscriber properties on mail users that have no primary call handlers' option and run again this user can be reimported to Unity.<br> COS Alias=defaultsubscriber<br> Location Object Alias=default<br> Language ID= 1033<br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Example subscriber is not a required account. You can run the directory walker with the option checked and it should delete this account. Then there is no need to re-import it.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Remove orphaned call handlers automatically is "checkable".
Remove subscriber properties on mail... is greyed out.

I'm assuming you want me to run it with the second greyed out option checked?

Not applicable

that option only works on 2.x systems (long story but directory changes in 3.0 pulled the rug out from under me on the little trick I used to tell if a subscriber was stranded or not).

As per my earlier post you can determine which Example Subscriber in the directory is the "Real" on and remove the other one if you want to clean this up.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Can I just delete the ESubscriber Unity account and Exchange account manually?

Not applicable

you probably have two Example Subscriber accounts floating around in your Exchange and only one of them is being used by Unity, this one is just hanging out doing nothing. Likely an issue with the reinstall. Not a big deal, it's not hurting anything in this case. You can figure out which Example Subscriber is the "real" one by changing it's display name in the SA and then going to Exchange and toasting the one that didn't get a new display name on it. But for the record, this isn't anything you need to worry about. The Example Subscriber doesn't get used for anything important and having an extra one lying around that's not being used isn't a big deal.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)