cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error getting mailbox to count messages

myron.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.5 Unified Messaging, Exchange not on Unity Server. We have Full Mailbox Check Feature enabled. Event log error:

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: AvNotifier_MC

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1031

Date: 6/12/2003

Time: 10:18:09 AM

User: N/A

Computer: TAYLORUNITY1

Description:

[Thread 0x000009F0] Error getting mailbox to count messages. User=Unity Messaging System - TAYLORUNITY1, Error=-2147467259.

When leaving a message for people when there mailbox is full, Unity is not performing the check, sometimes generating the above error, the message is left, and then placed in the administrator's mailbox.

11 Replies 11

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Actually, the notifer isn't involved with checking messages or checking the mailbox limits when some one calls in over the phone. There's a different component that does that, the MAL. Ss that error doesn't really coincide with a TUI login.

At any rate, the same underlying problem may be causing both problems. What's the mailstore (E55, E2K), and where's the limit applied: on the mailbox, or on the mailstore?

Can you reproduce the problem at will?

E2k. The limits are at the mailstore level. Yes we can change a users limit and still leave a message. It did work when we first turned on checking a couple of weeks ago.

Do the limits in the mailboxstore table in SQL match the limits on the mailstores in the directory?

When checking the SQL Table, it shows NULL for all the values for warning, send and send receive, on the Unity Server.

I think that's our problem. The AvDsGlobalCatalog service is responsible for detecting when a mailstore has changed its parameters (like these warnings and limits).

A few things to check:

1. Are there any event log errors or warnings regarding that service?

2. Is the AvDirChangeWriter service running?

3. From DohPropTest, if you press the "GC Monitor" command button, and then press the "TotalResync" button, and wait around for few minutes, do the SQL values change?

1. There are no event messages other than the AvNotifier message.

2. The AvDirChangeWriter is running as a local system account.

3. I tried the DohPropTest re-sync, and the values are still Null in SQL.

Cool. Then it's possible that the account that the AvDsGlobalCatalog service is running as can't see those mailstores anymore. It's kinda hard to verify this unless you're familiar with ADSIEDIT. Are you?

No I am not that familiar with ADSI Edit. I have an Exchange administrator that can possibly check it or I can use System Manager.

What we would want to do is use the security context of the service account for the AvDsGlobalCatalog (either log onto the box with that account or do a "runas") and try to see those mailstores.

We only have one account we use for both the AvDSAD/AvDSGlobalCatalog and the administration. I can see the mailstores with that account (unity_adm).

I did notice today that we have about 10 subs that show limits in the sql database. These are all users that have a different limitations other than what the mailbox store is set to.

I checked registry and the Unity server is monitoring a GC at a different building, not the one that is local on the Email Server. It shows two domains, the local domain and one of the remote domains (the same domain that the GC is in, which is a child domain of the one the email server is in). I would assume that this should be changed to the local info via configuration wizard, am I correct?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: