cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error greeting

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed my customer's Unity server has a greeting called error greeting under subscriber's template. It's version 3.14. should this error greeting by default in the system?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

by default the error greeting is not visible, you can expose it by using the Advanced Settings tool to do it. The Error greeting has always been in there (this is the guy that determines what we do with the call when a user enters an illegal option during a greeting for a call handler or a subscriber). Sounds like they exposed it using the Advanced Settings Tool.

Our customer experienced a very weird problem as I posed on another mail. When user call AA from internal or external and enter extension , they hear" I am sorry . I don't recognize that is a valid entry." A little chance user can access the extension from AA, We have opened case with TAC, but no luck yet.Today I saw this error greeting, I thought this error may caused by this error greeting. It seems not. What do you think?

INtegration is with NEC2000, Unity 3.14

Thanks

their problem is not related to the error greeting being exposed... the error greeting is always there and always has been - it's just not visible by default on the SA. It's not responsible for deciding if an entry is valid or not, it just get's called AFTER Unity decides the entry is not valid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: