Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Error on DiRT backup(1.0.96) on Unity 4.0(3)

Hi,

I have Unity 4.0(3) with Exchange2003 integration and download DiRT 1.0.96 but some errors when backup as follows.

1. Event log.

Event ID=17055,

Description=3041:BAKCUP failed to complete the command BACKUP DATABASE[ReportDB] TO DISK N'F:\UNITY\ReportDBBackUp.sql WITH NOINIT. NOUNLOAD, NOSKIP, STATS=10, NOFORMAT

2. DisasterRecoveryBackup.log

Running UnityDisasterRecoveryBACKUP version: 1.0.96

Local Unity version=4.0(3.0)

Search for '(error)' or '(warning)' to find logged errors and warnings during the backup process.

Starting disaster reocovery backup at: 17/10/2003 4:35:13 PM

Backing up registry to: F:\UNITY\UnityReg.REG

Backing up the Cisco TSP branch to:F:\UNITY\CiscoTSP.reg

Backing up active switch file 1 :D:\CommServer\IntLib\cisco0002.ini

Backing up all AVD files

Backing up StreamFiles folder

Copying out system greetings for default objects

Copying EMS Database file out from: D:\CommServer\utilities\EventMonitoringService\database

Backing up UnityDB SQL table

(error) in cmbBackup routine:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device 'F:\UNITY\UnityDBBackUp.sql'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. number= 0

(error) in cmbBackup routine:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot open backup device 'F:\UNITY\ReportDBBackUp.sql'. Device error or device off-line. See the SQL Server error log for more details.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally. number= 0

Finished disaster reocovery backup at: 17/10/2003 4:35:14 PM

PS:I found DiRT version 1.0.97 today. is it helpful?

Thanks,

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Error on DiRT backup(1.0.96) on Unity 4.0(3)

That error is being passed back up from SQL - DiRT requests SQL to make a backup of the UnityDB and (optionaly) the ReportsDB databases - I pass in the UNC provided and wait for it to return.

Short story is SQL doesn't like the destination you've provided - there's a number of possible reasons for that. I normally tell folks not to use mapped drives since that causes issues - use the UNC in all cases. It could also be a permissions issue with the account you're using to run DiRT not having full rights to the share you created.

As a test, try backing up to a local drive - I'm betting that will work - this is almost certainly a domain or permissions issue of some sort with your remote location you're trying to use.

1.o.97 wont do anything for you here, but, of course, it's always good to use the latest QA tested version for such things. This isn't a DiRT bug, you have an access issue with your backup target.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content