cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Opening Greeting is Busy or Does Not answer

vcornett
Level 1
Level 1

When users try to dial in a retrieve there messages from an externally, they get the "Sorry OPening Greeting is Busy or does not answer" then "Sorry Godbye is busy or does not answer" then Unity hangs usp. The following errors are in the event viewer:

DalEX_MC:

Error opening stream.

CreateStream() return code: 80070040H

Greeting: Standard

Stream path: \\NSSTCU1\Resources\NSSTCU1\Av1A7.Stm

Call Handler: cn=openinggreetingch3a02e47d,cn=CallHandlers,cn=Handlers,cn=Unity,ou=NSSTC,o=NASA

I tried enabling the alternate opening greeting and still got the same error message.

Thanks,

Vince

10 Replies 10

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like it can't open the .STM files associated with the greetings in question - when it fails for whatever reason (file is missing, damaged, in a read/only folder). Can you open the SA and record/playback these same greetings? Or is the media master control gray (disabled)?

If so, make sure the RES folder under your Exchange directory is shared out as "Resources" and is marked read/write for everyone. This is where all the .STM files (goofy proprietary WAV format that was discontinued in 3.x thankfully) for all greetings and voice names are stored.

I checked on the Greetings menu for the Opening Greeting Call handler and the MM was grayed out.

I then checked the RES folder and it is shared out as "Resources". I clicked on the permission tab and 3 users are listed:

Administrators

Everyone

Exchange

The permissions for everyone were set to read only. I chaged it to allow full control, change, and read and hit apply. It did not fix the problem: You still get "opening greeting is busy" and the MM is still grayed out.

Thanks,

Vince

I had tried enabling the alternate greeting and got the same message but after I changed the permission on the RES folder, the alternate greeting now works. So something seems to have happened to the Standard Opening Greeting STM file. How can we recover it?

OK... first, what happened here? the permissions on that folder wouldn't have changed on their own... I'm guessing a crash/restore scenario here? It'd be nice to get a fuller picture of the scenario before speculating on what went wrong/how to fix it.

next, what version of 2.x is this? The procedure for fixing this will vary depending on which version you're at - most likely we'll have to do some tap dancing in DOHPropTest to clear this up since in 2.x it wasn't a simply matter of dropping a new .STM file in there with the same file name into the RES folder unfortunately. If it's an older 2.x system you can't even do that - it'll be a matter of working around it by reconstructing the handler entirely.

I have no idea what could have happened. This was not a crash/restore scenario. THe only thing that has changed on the Unity server is that we had to replace the AvWm.dll file to fix the exchange wedgie problem on 2.4.6.161.

We did that two weeks ago. I don't even think anyone in the administration staff has changed the settings on that file. Or if it was changed, I am not aware of it.

odd... but the good news is you're at a recent version of 2.4 which has some easier ways of dealing with this.

go ahead an open DOHProptest.exe (you'll find it under \commserver\techtools) - today's magic password is "8919". In the left panel click "call handlers" and in the middle pannel select the openinggreetingch call handler. Then in the right panel select "AVP_MESSAGING_RULES". This will pop up a dialog with 6 rules to choose from - select "standard" from the list. click on AVP_STREAM_PATH on the right and it should show you the full path to the .STM file found under the Resources\(machine name) share in there.

go look for that file - if it's there, I'll be weirded out. If not (as I suspect) then go back to DOHPropTest, go to the "AVP_GREETING" property and then press the 'delete" button at the very bottom of the form (NOT remove on the left... that'd remove the entire greeting rule - don't do that). This will toast the greeting and shoudl free up the media master control on the SA such that you can record a new one.

I went to the DOHProtest and the file was Av1a7.stm

I did a search on that file and it WAS in c:\exchsrvr\RES\NSSTCU1

225KB with a time stamp of 11/22/2000 5:49pm

what happens when you click on the AVP_GREETING property for that in the DOHPropTest application? If the media master control is gray for it, that means it couldn't open a handle to it which USUALLY means it's not there... if it's there it may be damaged. You can still delete it in DOHPropTest and record a new one...

when I click on AVP_GREETING the property vaule shows this:

\\NSSTCU1\Resources\NSSTCU1\Av1A7.Stm

I assume it's damaged somehow... try deleting it in DPT and seeing if you can record a new one.