Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error Port 2000

When I use Unity, my CallManager show this error and MWI-Off doesn't work fine.

Error: DeviceTransientConnection - Transient connection attempt.

Connecting Port: 2000

Device name [Optional].:

Device IP address.: 172.19.0.10

Device type. [Optional]: 255

Reason Code [Optional].: 6

App ID: Cisco CallManager

Cluster ID: CCM1-Cluster

Node ID: CCM1

Explanation: A connection was established and immediately dropped before completing registration. Incomplete registration may indicate a device is rehoming in the middle of registration. The alarm could also indicate a device misconfiguration, database error, or an illegal/unknown device trying to attempt a connection.

Recommended Action: No action is required if this event was issued as a result of a normal device rehome..

Can you help me?

1 REPLY

Re: error Port 2000

Hello -

We are running CCM 3.3(3) with Unity 3.1(5). This CCM event, reason code 6, appears when you perform a RESTART of the phone from CCMAdmin, for example when adding a new line appearance, changing the phone template etc. So it could be a normal occurrance. Does the Unity server have any errors in its application event log for the same timeframe - such as an MWI error or Notify error? The instruction to turn off MWI may have been successfully sent to CCM, but CCM was unable to turn off the indicator light due to the timing of the device rehome. It would help to know if this error is happening on multiple phones or just one phone. And to list your CCM/Unity/TSP versions.

Regards, Ginger

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content